Made with homemade butter AND buttermilk! Bet you can't have just one.
These delicious cornbread muffins have a number of surprises. They’re made with homemade cultured butter and buttermilk. In addition, they have candied jalapeños which you’ll find when you bite into one! They are best when served hot with butter and honey, along with whatever dinner you’re having. And if you aren’t interested in making your own butter these do stand alone without any of the additions! Just my recommendation :) link below for the butter and candied jalapeño recipe.
Makes: 12 muffins
1 ½ cups cornmeal
1 cup flour
⅓ cup sugar
2 cups buttermilk
6 Tbsp butter (divided)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit and place your muffin tin in the oven.
2. In a bowl combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Add the buttermilk, egg and 3 tablespoons of the butter (melted). Stir to combine.
4. Remove the muffin tin from the oven and evenly distribute the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter into each section. Quickly place the batter into each tin and top with a couple of candied jalapenos (optional).
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.