Homemade peanut butter makes these cookies extra delectable!
There are plenty of peanut butter cookie recipes out there but I think you should add this one to your list! I used honey and peanuts to make homemade peanut butter. If you’ve never made homemade nut butter it’s worth it. And adding honey to it makes it just that much better.
The rest of the ingredients are simple; almond flour, almond milk, chocolate etc. I’m curious to see how the taste would change using oat flour, or a mix of oat and almond. The sweetness is very subtle and you could easily eat a few of these in one sitting. If you have 20 minutes you should give these a shot :)
Yields: 10ish cookies
1 ¼ cup almond flour
½ cup honey roasted peanut butter (1 cup peanuts, 2 Tbsp honey, pinch salt)
⅛ cup almond milk
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
½ cup chocolate bar (I used dark chocolate)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. On the stovetop heat peanuts, honey and a pinch of salt over medium heat for 5-10 minutes stirring constantly until fragrant.
3. Allow to cool, grind in a food processor. It will take a few minutes and you may have to scrape the sides a couple of times. Once the peanut butter is smooth you should have about half a cup.
4. Mix the peanut butter, and the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Once mixed, scoop about 2 tbsp of dough and roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet.
5. Bake for 5 minutes, remove from the oven and press the balls down with a fork. Bake for 5-7 more minutes.