Sweet hazelnut praline within a tart lemon loaf!
I love lemon olive oil bread. It is a sweet, cake-y bread that is tangy from the lemons and extremely moist from the olive oil. I had the idea to pair hazelnut praline with a lemon olive oil loaf and I was not disappointed! It adds a sweet, nutty flavor that pairs well with the tangy lemon! This is a sweet, sweet bread and for that reason I made it into mini loaves.
For the loaves:
1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup sugar
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tsp lemon zest
3 Tbsp lemon juice
For the praline: (there will be some leftover)
½ cup roasted hazelnuts
¼ cup sugar
1. For the praline: add sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until melted. Swirl the pan until the sugar has become golden, immediately remove from heat and add the hazelnuts. Stir to coat.
2. Pour the hazelnut mixture onto a piece of parchment paper to cool.
3. Once cool, place the hazelnut mixture into a food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy.
4. For the bread: preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
5. In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest.
6. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
7. Lightly grease two mini loaf pans. Split the batter evenly between each pan.