These are fancy peanut butter brownies with a chocolate coating!
I love peanut butter. I have it every day with breakfast and my peanut sauce pizza recipe is one of my favorite things to make for dinner. I dreamt up these peanut butter blondies with the help of SoulBee Natural Sweetener. Their honey powder was the sweetener component of these bars. It is a very subtle honey taste and I used it the same way I would granulated sugar, coconut sugar etc. If peanut butter and honey isn’t your thing I also made the same bars with cashew butter and coconut sugar! Plenty of options.
My favorite part of these bars is how soft they are. They would be perfect with a nice glass of milk or almond milk. And if you don’t want to deal with the chocolate coating on top you can stir the chocolate chips into the mixture instead!
Makes 9 blondies
1 cup flour
1 cup peanut butter (cashew butter, almond butter, sunflower butter)
½ cup sugar (SoulBee Honey Powder, coconut sugar, granulated sugar)
¼ cup applesauce
¼ cup almond milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 flax ‘egg’ (1 Tbsp ground flax, 3 Tbsp water)
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp salt
¾ cup chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
Maldon sea salt and SoulBee Honey Flakes for topping (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Prepare flax ‘egg’ by combining 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed with 3 tablespoons of water. Stir and let sit until thickened.
3. Combine the flour, peanut butter, sugar, applesauce, almond milk, baking soda, flax ‘egg’, vanilla and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix until homogeneous.
4. Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan with coconut oil spray or line with parchment paper. Pour mixture into pan and evenly spread into all the corners of the pan.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before removing from the pan.
7. Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil. Remove the bars from the pan and pour chocolate on top. With an offset spatula smooth the chocolate to cover the top of the bars. Finish with as much flakey sea salt as desired and allow the chocolate to cool.
8. Slice and serve.