Slightly pumpkin-y, very delicious!
I could eat these cinnamon rolls all year long! The addition of pumpkin makes them extra moist and flakey. They’re yummy on their own but are taken to the next level with a delicious honey butter spread. If you haven’t made honey butter I suggest giving it a try. And if you have extra spread after the cinnamon rolls are all gone, you can spread it on everything else!
The honey I used for this recipe is a cinnamon honey made by Nanatural Honey. They have a range of honey, including cinnamon, cacao and even lemon! They make delicious products and the cinnamon honey from Nanatural amplifies these pumpkin cinnamon rolls immensely.
Makes: 9 cinnamon rolls
1/2 cup milk
2 1/4 tsp yeast
4 tbsp butter
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg, 1 egg yolk
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
6 Tbsp softened butter
½ cup light brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
½ cup salted butter
½ cup honey (I used Nanatural Cinnamone Honey)
1. Warm the milk and butter together either on the stove or in the microwave. Heat until the butter is just melted.
2. Add the pumpkin puree, brown sugar and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer or hand mixer. Beat until combined. Add milk and butter mixture, beat until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk and yeast, beat until combined.
3. Slowly add the flour with the mixer on low. Mixing until fully incorporated. The dough will be soft. Place in a greased bowl covered with a warm towel until the dough has doubled in size, about one hour.
4. Once doubled, remove the dough from the bowl on a lightly floured surface and knead for one minute. Roll out the dough to a 18 x 10 inch rectangle.
5. Spread the softened butter all over the dough and sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture on top. Roll the dough up tightly and cut into 11 pieces, discarding the small end pieces.
6. Place the rolls into a greased pie dish, cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place to double in size, about 45 minutes to an hour.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Once the rolls have doubled in size, bake for 23-25 minutes. Prepare the honey butter spread by combining softened butter and honey in a stand mixer or using a hand mixer.
8. Remove from the oven, top and enjoy. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Find all the Nanatural products at Nanaturalhoney.com
Inspiration for this recipe