A nutritious lunch or dinner bowl with both fresh and roasted vegetables!
As with any salad this one is very versatile. It’s ready in the time it takes to roast the cauliflower and chickpeas. I used a tahini dressing but it can be paired with whatever dressing you want, my second choice would be balsamic vinaigrette! My favorite part of this whole meal, however, is the crispy flatbread. Find the recipe for the flatbread here and the salad below.
Makes 2 servings
Small head of cauliflower
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can chickpeas
½ cup cucumber, thinly sliced
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 green onions
1. Optional: The morning before making this meal drain and rinse 1 can of chickpeas. Leave out on a towel to dry.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Place the cauliflower in a bowl and add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine and place on one side of a large baking sheet.
4. In the same bowl, add the dried chickpeas and add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine and place on the other side of the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and the chickpeas are crispy. Mix halfway through baking time.
6. While the cauliflower and chickpeas are roasting, chop the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and green onions.
7. Make dressing or have pre-made dressing ready.
8. Once the cauliflower and chickpeas are finished roasting, plate your salad. Place the greens, cucumber, tomatoes, green onions, chickpeas and cauliflower onto a plate. Top with dressing and mix to combine.
9. Serve with crispy flatbread.