One of my favorite things to make for dinner is this pasta salad!
The vegetables are all raw and quickly shredded or chopped. After that, just cook the chicken, boil your pasta and you’re off! Everything in this dish is adjustable. Throw in a different protein, different vegetables, or even make it with rice. I marinate a lb of chicken in one Tbsp olive oil, and one Tbsp soy sauce and throw in some of my favorite spices and garlic. I change the mix every time I make this recipe. And if you want to have it all week just scale up the proportions!
If you’re in need of a healthy and quick meal, put this on your list.
Makes: 2 large salads
1 lb boneless chicken thighs
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
2 cloves garlic
1 ½ Tbsp of spice mix (cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, etc)
1 ½ cups pasta (I used whole wheat)
1 small beet
1 whole carrot
Handful of spinach/arugula
½ cup cilantro
1. The night before, place your chicken in a sealed container with the olive oil, tamari or soy sauce, minced garlic, and spices. Mix thoroughly and allow to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit or your grill or air fryer to 500 degrees fahrenheit. Place the chicken on a baking tray if using the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. The grill or air fryer have much faster cooking times.
3. Boil 1 quart of water, add 1 tsp salt and the pasta. Follow package instructions depending on the type of pasta you are using.
4. While the chicken and pasta are cooking, peel the beet and the carrot and shred. Chop the cilantro.
5. Drain the pasta when finished and add 1 tsp olive oil. Place in a bowl with the beets, carrots, cilantro and a handful of spinach/arugula.
6. Serve with sliced chicken on top!